I was sick all day, but you and the fuzzy red blanket were my faithful companions. We watched lots of movies together and had a good nap (or twelve). I appreciate your efforts. Thank you, couch, you made my day.
It turns out that Trisha Yearwood is more than just a wonderful singer. I saw her on tv recently promoting her new cookbook, and the foods looked absolutely delicious. I don't mean to be rude, but after looking at her husband (Garth Brooks), I decided that I just might be able to trust Trisha as a cook too. She also said something that went straight from her mouth to my heart, "Butter. The thing that makes my food so tasty is lots of butter." Since the time my roommates caught me drinking a bit of garlice butter in college and made fun of me/were totally disgusted by me, I am constantly on the lookout for vehicles to deliver delicious buttery goodness into my diet. I gushed about the cookbook so much to Tom that he was nice and surprised me with it last week. What a guy (although there is something in it for him too)! We couldn't help but oooh and ahhhh at just about every picture on just about every page as we flipped through. ...
Jay Mohr + The View= Magic "My son yesterday at his school, it was dress as your favorite rockstar or actor day. He called me on the phone before I was about to do, uh, this big press tour and, you know, I'm super nervous because you want people to buy your book, and he says 'Daddy, today is dress like your favorite star, your favorite actor,' and I'm like ohh Indiana Jones, Hans Solo. He goes 'I'm gonna dress like you.' And I'm like right about to go on camera, and I almost start crying, and I go 'Buddy, how are you- what are you gonna wear to dress like me?' and he goes 'I can't really explain it, but they'll know, like, from my energy.'" Awwww. Sweet. "Your child does something all day where you just have no idea what they're doing... like why does he take all his clothes off to poop? What's wrong with him?!" "I'm done... two words you never want to hear because they're eit...
Comments