Neighbor on the Payroll

I should be excited that I had a Snow Day today instead of having to go back from break.  The truth is that I have four hours worth of professional development to facilitate tomorrow and a penchant for Lifetime movies when I'm at home sitting on the couch, so I ended up going into work for a few hours anyway.

When I got home, I decided that the driveway wasn't going to shovel itself.  I also thought Tom would be pleasantly surprised if I took care of it, and he might even make me some hot chocolate with little marshmallows as a reward (he did, by the way, after I asked him nicely).

I made the mistake of not wearing any head covering, as my hair was piled up in a rushed hot mess from this morning.  As I was nearing the end of the driveway and the conclusion that my ears would freeze off and I would have to live without them, my neighbor from across the road came out.  He hollered a hello, and I quickly greeted him with a frozen smile.  He pulled up to our driveway in his truck and slowly rolled his window down.

"Now I really see why he married you!"

I finished with a grin and an extra spring in my step (as much as you can "spring" in snow, I suppose).

I remember a similar incident to this from a few years ago where I got a "You go girl!" from our self- proclaimed "Mobsta" neighbor.  It must be that it's cheaper for Tom to keep the neighbors on the payroll than it is for him to pay someone to come shovel while he's gone. ;)

Thank you, neighbor on the payroll, you made my day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rebound

Day 359- Cousin Eddie