Friday, December 18, 2009

Day 1- Tom Ferri

My husband recently received a promotion, and I'm quite proud of him. He's terribly busy and important now (so important that he can no longer wear jeans to work and answers e-mails from his Crackberry in boxers at 11 pm). This new job also comes with travel- exciting for Tom, not so much for me. Every time he leaves I feel as if I have been dropped off at preschool for the first time. Last time he left I wore sunglasses to say farewell.

While many people waste away the last few days of work before Christmas vacation, Tom has been working like a madman. Today, in the midst of his hectic schedule, Tom took the time to e-mail me. Not only that, he told me that he hoped I was doing absolutely nothing and enjoying every minute of it. I was so pleasantly surprised to find this in my inbox. I was touched that instead of being envious of my pajamas/reading/90210 day, he was happy for me. I am so blessed to have Tom as my husband.

Thank you, Tom Ferri, you made my day.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Yes! Even though I am terribly important I have time to comment about how awesome you are!

Jessi said...

Tom is definitely the right guy for our Rosie. We thank God for bringing him into your life.