Day 70- Couch Nap

This has been a long week.  An excellent week, but a loooooooooong one just the same.  My kids are working on research papers, and even though I'm not teaching in the traditional sense of the word, I am most certainly working it.  I have a rotating queue of at least six students at any given time who are all looking for my attention, information, and expertise.  I am happy to have them look to me as a resource and to trust me as their teacher, and running around in this way makes my days fly by.  It isn't until the drive home that I realize that I am thoroughly and utterly exhausted.  

I've had all kinds of other things going on after school and at night this week, but today I was able to come straight home and allow myself the simplest of pleasures- an outstanding couch nap.  I melted into my favorite blanket, put on a television program I wasn't particularly interested in, settled the dog in nearby, and had a lovely eye rest on the couch.  I know what you're thinking- no nap can be considered totally great and truly successful without a little evidence of this succes on the cheek and the cushion.

Don't worry, I had a little drool to wipe away.  Ahhh... score one more for the simple things in life.

Thank you, couch nap, you made my day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rebound

Day 359- Cousin Eddie