Day 332- Watch What Happens: Live

Brace yourself for another embarrassing (ok, I know I should be ashamed, but I'm not at all...) reality television show confession.  I LOOOOOOOOOOVE me some Real Housewives.  I have been watching these series since the original OC ladies, and I have picked up all of the additional cities along the way.  I could list the reasons why for days, but today is really about my boy Andy Cohen and his Real Housewives aftershow, "Watch What Happens: Live."

The show takes place in the Bravo clubhouse.  As far as I can tell, this is a rowdy little studio in the corner of some building somewhere that is decorated like a bachelor's basement.  It fits the rowdy little host Andy Cohen perfectly.  Andy is hilarious, impeccably dressed, and usually at least somewhat intoxicated (and holding a cocktail in his hand for most/all of the show).  His guests include the housewives from the shows discussing their drama, Bravo realebrities (I think I might have just made that word up), and the occasional suprising big name celebrities. 

The guests tonight were Kristin Chenoweth and Molly Shannon.  I was delighted to discover that they are good friends in real life.  They even text each other while watching the Real Housewives!  That is a friendship sandwich I would definitely like to be a part of.  I'm sure we could call up Neil Patrick Harris to join our club too :).  Bliss!

Kristin and Molly made the already entertaining show even more spectacular.  They aren't faking when they say they watch the Bravo shows like some guests do.  They provided real details and opinions on the goings on and drama of the crazy ladies.  They also did fabulous impressions.  Beyond that, Molly, with only a tiny bit of coaxing, broke out her Sally O'Malley "I'm 50!" character.  That's always a crowd pleaser (or at least a me pleaser).  After drinking something she could only describe as "chocolate surprise," Kristin yodeled.  She is as precious as can be. 



The whole thing was thirty minutes of delightful and a wonderful end to an already wonderful weekend.

Thank you, "Watch What Happens: Live," you made my day.    

Comments

Ashley said…
Crap! How did I miss that?! Sounds amazing.

I'm also guilty as can be for watching all of the Real Housewives. I've really been enjoying the Beverly Hills HW's... but they don't seem to be as drama packed. That's okay though, because it's kind of a welcome break. (my favorite is still the OC HWs)

p.s. I really love watching Andy drunk and calling everyone mazels and jackholes! :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Rebound

Day 359- Cousin Eddie