Day 342- Life

Okay, I know that this one sounds like a cop out.  Yes, I am thankful to be alive every day.  However, I have an actual extra reason for this today.

Tom and I had an incredibly scary experience early on in our eight hour drive today.  Given my history of incredibly scary driving/passenger experiences, this instance was magnified about 100 times.  I was completely and totally freaked out.  The car was not wrecked, but I was for hours.

How many people have realized that they are looking into oncoming highway traffic from a car that is going the wrong way?  Maybe a lot.  How many people have walked away from that situation virtually unharmed?  Definitely less.

Twice?  Hmm.

It becomes increasingly easy for me to understand that I am on this earth for a reason and that I have a purpose.  Why else would God allow me to walk away from experiences like this?  Days like today, however awful they may be at the time, reaffirm so many things for me.  God is great, and there is no doubt in my mind that He is with me and watching over me for sure.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper, not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. " Jeremiah 29:11


It is no coincidence that I wake up every morning full of life.  Today and every day I am thankful to be alive and to have another opportunity to chisel away at my small corner of the world.  Talk about a timely lesson for Thanksgiving, eh?
 
Thank you, life, you made my day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rebound

Day 359- Cousin Eddie