Day 20- Michael Buble

Even though I am an eternal optimist and I LOVE love, I am also a sucker for a good breakup song. One of the first I can remember listening to over and over was obviously "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morisette. I had never experienced a breakup at the time, or any kind of relationship, for that matter. What I did know was that, as bitter and nasty as it was, this woman was singing with emotion and honesty. She really meant what she said. She really hated Uncle Joey's guts.

I can think of a million breakup songs I've latched onto since then, regardless of what was happening in my own personal life. "You Give Love a Bad Name" by Bon Jovi, "How Far" by Martina McBride, "You'll Think of Me" by Keith Urban, "Stay" by Lisa Loeb (wasn't this every girl's anthem at one point or another?), "The Winner Takes it All" by ABBA, "Picture" by Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow, I could go on and on...

Even though I am now a happily married woman, I still have a soft spot for a heartfelt breakup song. One of my favorite songs of the moment is "I Just Haven't Met You Yet," by Michael Buble. This is not your average sad/angry/angsty/heartbroken/I got dumped and I'll never get over it kind of song. Instead, Michael simply realizes that he just hasn't met the woman of his dreams... yet. It is so sweet and cute and hopeful and full of optimism for future love. If I were in a place in my life where I made killer breakup cds like I used to, I would file this song in as the happy ending after I had sung my lungs out to "Since You Been Gone" and "I Will Survive." This song made me smile for each of the twenty plus times I listened to it today :).

And Somehow I Know That It Will All Turn Out
And You'll Make Me Work So We Can Work To Work It Out
And I Promise You Kid I'll Give So Much More Than I Get
I Just Haven't Met You Yet


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AJmKkU5POA
The music video is terribly adorable too.

Thank you, Michael Buble, you made my day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rebound

Day 359- Cousin Eddie