Day 23- Green Lights

Today I was in a major hurry between my Praxis test and work.  I had gotten up extremely early to be on campus with plenty of time to spare.  Unfortunately, the test didn't start until almost an hour after our report time, meaning that by the time I picked up lunch to share with my sick husband and got home, I only had a little over an hour before I had to leave for work.  Ick.

On the way home, something magical happened.  Somehow, some way, nine of the eleven stoplights on my way home were green.  NINE!!  I have never experienced such a long stretch of uninterrupted driving on my return route from class.  It was amazing.  I was cautious through the first few lights, thinking they must be broken or something.  By the third or fourth light, I cranked up my radio, spent some time with my thoughts, and enjoyed the ride.  Once again, a simple little thing completely turned my day around.

I had a lovely lunch with my husband, left for work smiling, and had my green light grin plastered on my face for the rest of the day.

Thank you, green lights, you made my day.   

Comments

Tom said…
That would have made my day too! I hate sitting at red lights!

Popular posts from this blog

The Rebound

Day 359- Cousin Eddie