Day 24- Taylor Swift

The sweetest thing I've ever seen...

I'm thirteen now and don't know how my friends could be so mean
I come home crying and you hold me tight and grab the keys
And we drive and drive until we found a town far enough away
And we talk and window shop till I forgot all their names

I don't know who I'm gonna talk to now at school
But I know I'm laughing on the car ride home with you
Don't know how long it's gonna take to feel okay
But I know I had the best day with you today


Have you ever heard a song that made you think to yourself, "Self, I could have written that!  The songwriter must somehow have access to my thoughts."  I think that just about every time I hear a song by Taylor Swift.  The girl has a heart of gold, the pipes of an angel, and the soul of someone with much more wisdom and experience than she could possibly have at twenty years old.  I have adored her since she was just a little singer/songwriter that no one had ever heard of before.


I found her video for "I Had the Best Day with You Today," and now I adore her even more.  This song and video could just as easily be about my life and my mom.  Taylor creates art that puts me in a good mood, speaks to me, and touches my heart.  I dare you to watch the video and not feel moved/shed a few tears/fall in love with this girl all over again.  How is it possible for one person to be so dang talented, cute, and humble all at the same time?  She really must have a good mom :).


Thank you, Taylor Swift, you made my day.     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rebound

Day 359- Cousin Eddie