Day 5- Vogrich and A Mid-Afternoon's Nap

I did a little online researching (er, stalking), and found a bio for Matt Vogrich (the object of last year's Day 5 affection) here.  After reading through his bio and discovering that he is involved in a few different charitable organizations, I made a donation here- Big Brothers Big Sisters..

You may still not have any idea who Vogrich is, even though he's getting some playing time this year, but surely you've heard of Big Brothers Big Sisters before.

"For over a century, Big Brothers Big Sisters has been helping change kids’ perspectives and giving them the opportunity to reach their potential. And we have over a century of volunteers, donors, and advocates just like you to thank.

It all started in 1904, when a young New York City court clerk named Ernest Coulter was seeing more and more boys come through his courtroom. He recognized that caring adults could help many of these kids stay out of trouble, and he set out to find volunteers. That marked the beginning of the Big Brothers movement.

At around the same time, the members of a group called Ladies of Charity were befriending girls who had come through the New York Children’s Court. That group would later become Catholic Big Sisters.

Both groups continued to work independently until 1977, when Big Brothers Association and Big Sisters International joined forces and became Big Brothers Big Sisters of America.

More than 100 years later, Big Brothers Big Sisters remains true to our founders’ vision of bringing caring role models into the lives of children. And, today, Big Brothers Big Sisters currently operates in all 50 states—and in 12 countries around the world."

I think it's sweet that Vogrich is involved, and I'm sure that he gives his Little all kinds of reasons to look up to him. :)  I hope this year in the NCAA tournament (yes, please) he creates even more!

'Twas the day before the day before the day before Christmas.  We rose before dawn and before any alarm clock would have even thought of going off.  We were at the airport by 5 am.  Two flights and an hour long drive later, we arrived at the house of my in laws with a glorious Christmas sigh of relief.  Thank goodness for no delays and a relatively stress free trip!

After a scrumptious lunch, we afforded ourselves one of the smallest yet most wonderful luxuries.  We settled down for a mid-afternoon's nap.  It was warm and cozy and refreshing and just what the doctor ordered.  What a fabulous way to start break... at last!

Thank you, mid-afternoon's nap, you made my day. 


Popular posts from this blog

To Whom It May Concern (Which Should Be All of Us)- Draft 2

Me, Myself, and Thighs

Day 359- Cousin Eddie