Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 269- Homemade Chinese Food

In the past, I have stayed away from trying to cook any kind of Chinese food myself.  I figured that this was best left to the professionals (those ladies down at Mandarin Garden really know their way around a kitchen).  However, in a continuous attempt to expand our weekly menus and to add some flavor (literally and figuratively) to our lives, I have become a bit more adventurous.  Tom and I worked together stupendously tonight to create a lovely meal.

Here's our menu, which Tom calls "Asian Persuasion."

Asian salad- lettuce, wonton strips, dried fruit, Asian sesame dressing, etc.
Crispy fried sesame shrimp, zucchini and mushroom caps with a ginger soy dipping sauce
White rice

It sounds and looks pretty simple, but Tom said it was, "Oooh!  Delicious... especially scrumptioussssssssss."





Thank you, homemade Chinese food, you made my day.

0 comments: