Day 227- Peach Wine

I have been getting a bit frustrated lately because my computer has developed a habit of spontaneously shutting down.  This often happens when I am right in the middle of doing something, and that is just no fun.  I suppose I should admit that the reason it does this is because I accidentally pushed it off the couch a few months ago, and it got a little banged up.  Oops.  The fact that this is totally and completely my fault makes the total shutdowns irk me that much more.  I might not always react in the most pleasant ways.

I have had quite a bit of practice dealing with this occurence, as the restarts are happening more and more frequently.  I finally decided I needed an attitude adjustment today.  When the computer failed me in the middle of an e-mail, I knew it was the perfect opportunity.  Instead of whining, I wined.

Yes, that's right.  I set down the computer gently.  It has been through a lot since the Humpty Dumpty incident of '10, after all.  I walked calmly to the kitchen, opened the refrigerator, and poured myself a glass of wine.  I'm not usually a wine drinker, but we had a delicious bottle of peach wine from our very own Augusta, MO winery in the fridge.  I poured some for Tom, we clinked our glasses, and I knocked back the smooth peach loveliness. 

I let my computer rest for the remainder of the afternoon/evening, and I am hoping for a full reconciliation tomorrow.  For now, I am using Tom's laptop and still enjoying the lingering wine buzz.  Computer shmumputer.

Thank you, peach wine, you made my day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rebound

Day 359- Cousin Eddie