Day 250- Observation

My principal and department head observed me teaching for the first time today.  A coworker asked me if I was nervous when they showed up and snuck into the back of my classroom.  I can honestly say that I wasn't.  As cheesy as it sounds, I was excited to have them see me in action.  If I was doing well, it would be nice to hear that from someone else.  If there were things I could be doing better, it would be great to get that kind of feedback too.  Either way, I could work on becoming a better and more confident teacher.

I was absolutely delighted to receive an e-mail detailing what a positive experience this observation was.  I am lucky to have fabulous students, and I just want to do right by them.  It is wonderful to hear that I am on the right track and that my administration agrees with me that I am in the right place. 

I have heard the same piece of career advice many times and from many different mouths.  Find something you love to do, something that you'd do for free, and then figure out how to get someone to pay you to do it.  Done.  Teachers come almost free anyway!

Thank you, observation, you made my day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rebound

Day 359- Cousin Eddie