Day 230- Omaha Steaks

"A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart."

That's true.  It's nice.  However, I believe this statement can be revised to fit me better.  For me, a true friend is someone who knows me well enough to surprise me with steak.  I adore my friend Lisa for a number of reasons, and I have outlined some of these on this very blog.  She is truly a gem.  

The most recent reason for my adoration of Miss Lisa came in the form of a box of Omaha steaks on my doorstep this afternoon.  There are bacon wrapped filets and green beans and potatoes and apple desserts.  She sent this amazing gift to congratulate me and send her best wishes for the school year.  Silly girl... doesn't she realize her friendship is the gift?  Cheesy, I know.

Don't get me wrong.  I sure do appreciate those steaks.  I can't wait to enjoy them :).  Tom thoroughly enjoyed playing with the dry ice from the shipping cooler in the sink while making spooky noises.  Everyone wins in the Ferri household.

Thank you, Omaha Steaks, you made my day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rebound

Day 359- Cousin Eddie