Day 229- Milk

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not a big fan of milk.  I wish I liked it, but I just don't.  I hope one of these days I can get over that and start drinking it and grow nice strong bones.  I've heard it does a body good.  Until then, I eat as much cheese and yogurt and dairy stuff as possible and hope for the best as far as the bones are concerned.

Anyone who knows me definitely knows that I have a phobia of expired foods.  I think this can be traced back to one incident in particular.  I was sitting in my closet eating cinnamon swirl toast and playing Barbies (at a somewhat embarrassing age).  The toast tasted a little funny, but I was preoccupied.  After 1 1/2 pieces, I decided that something was definitely wrong and could not be ignored any longer.  My fears were confirmed when I actually looked at the toast and discovered mold.  I was horrified.  And there you have it... the birth story of my phobia.

When you put these two things together, there is a special place in Jessi crazy world for expired milk.  Ick.  Tom will drink the stuff until it is almost curdling and has a noticeable odor.  Barf.  I was saddened/grossed out to the core to discover expired milk in my beautiful stainless steel refrigerator this week.  This was made worse by the fact that I could not bring myself to pour it out (ohhhh the smell), so all I could do was sit and look at it and wrinkle my nose.

It was finally replaced today with a brand new milk that is more than a week from any sort of expiration situation.  I was able to eat my Cap'n Crunch with total peace of mind.  All is right in the world again.

Thank you, milk, you made my day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rebound

Day 359- Cousin Eddie