Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 229- Milk

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not a big fan of milk.  I wish I liked it, but I just don't.  I hope one of these days I can get over that and start drinking it and grow nice strong bones.  I've heard it does a body good.  Until then, I eat as much cheese and yogurt and dairy stuff as possible and hope for the best as far as the bones are concerned.

Anyone who knows me definitely knows that I have a phobia of expired foods.  I think this can be traced back to one incident in particular.  I was sitting in my closet eating cinnamon swirl toast and playing Barbies (at a somewhat embarrassing age).  The toast tasted a little funny, but I was preoccupied.  After 1 1/2 pieces, I decided that something was definitely wrong and could not be ignored any longer.  My fears were confirmed when I actually looked at the toast and discovered mold.  I was horrified.  And there you have it... the birth story of my phobia.

When you put these two things together, there is a special place in Jessi crazy world for expired milk.  Ick.  Tom will drink the stuff until it is almost curdling and has a noticeable odor.  Barf.  I was saddened/grossed out to the core to discover expired milk in my beautiful stainless steel refrigerator this week.  This was made worse by the fact that I could not bring myself to pour it out (ohhhh the smell), so all I could do was sit and look at it and wrinkle my nose.

It was finally replaced today with a brand new milk that is more than a week from any sort of expiration situation.  I was able to eat my Cap'n Crunch with total peace of mind.  All is right in the world again.

Thank you, milk, you made my day.

0 comments: