Day 179- Lord, When You Came to the Seashore

As far as hymns go, this one has it all.

1. Spiritual tinglings
2. Singability (although, let's face it, I enjoy singing everything terribly)
3. Emotional memories
4. Occasional choruses en espanol
5. Wonderfully beautiful lyrics with a wonderfully beautiful story and message

Lord, when you came to the seashore
you weren't seeking the wise or the wealthy,
but only asking that I might follow.

REFRAIN (English):
O Lord, in my eyes you were gazing,
Kindly smiling, my name you were saying;
All I treasured, I have left on the sand there;
Close to you, I will find other seas.

REFRAIN (Spanish):
Señor me has mirado a los ojos,
sonriendo has dicho mi nombre,
en la rena he dejado mi barca,
junto a ti buscaré otro mar.

Lord, you knew what my boat carried:
neither money nor weapons for fighting,
but nets for fishing my daily labor.
(REFRAIN)

Lord, have you need of my labor,
hands for service, a heart made for loving,
my arms for lifting the poor and broken?
(REFRAIN)

Lord, send me where you would have me,
to a village, or heart of the city;
I will remember that you are with me.
(REFRAIN)


Today I found #6 for the list in the form of a sing-a-long website.  That's right, it has all the lyrics, lots of pictures of my main man JC, and cheesy synthesized keyboard background music.  General and I played Catholic karaoke all day.  When Tom got home, puppy and I continued raising our voices unto the Lord.  Tom pouted about this for a while... until we invited him to join in.  I think he especially liked the Spanish and the opportunity it gave him to show off how well he can roll his r's.

Thank you, "Lord, When You Came to the Seashore," you made my day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rebound

Day 359- Cousin Eddie