Day 192- Mac 'n' Cheese



Today's math problem:


Me + 2 shifts at work + early lot guy called in (extra loading for me) + light dinner before shift 2 + carb craving = late night mac 'n' cheese!


I ate almost the entire box by myself before Tom decided that he wanted some after all.  I haven't done that in a long time!  Mac 'n' cheese has always been one of my favorite comfort foods.

When I was learning to cook, I believe it was one of the first things I ever learned to make.
When I was sick, I always rejoiced when I smelled the boiling pasta scent coming from the kitchen.
When my dog Punkie died, my mom made it for me and let me lick the powdered cheese off the spoon.
When Grandma Ginny told us all that she had an exciting surprise for Christmas Eve one year and everyone else was puzzled when that surprise turned out to be deep fried macaroni and cheese bites, I was over the moon.
When I devoured my Krafty treat tonight, my stomach thanked me and sighed in contentment. 

Thank you, mac 'n' cheese, you made my day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rebound

Day 359- Cousin Eddie