Day 183- Michigan Summer Afternoon

aka Summer Scene part II

Sunshine, warm and bright
Mikearita in hand
Goldilocks pool- not too warm, not too cold... just right
Floating on a mat, Tom splashing around beside me, my parents sharing a laugh
Country music blaring on the radio, Keith Urban singing "Who wouldn't wanna be me?"

I have wanted this to be me all summer.  I really love living in Missouri for a number of reasons that have been or will be discussed.  However, there are times when I could do with a little less humidity and a little more of a pool in my backyard.  There are times when I wish I could get a tan but don't want to torture myself by sweatboxing in the yard while the neighbors splash around in their pool.  There are many times when I think about all those perfect summer days from my childhood at the pool or the lake in Michigan.

But... today I had it all.  Before the thunderstorms and hail came in, I had my beautiful Michigan summer afternoon of dreams.  Sing it, Keith!

The sun is shinin'

And this road keeps windin'
Through the prettiest country
From Georgia to Tennessee
And I got the one I love beside me
My troubles behind me
I'm alive and I'm free
Who wouldn't wanna be me


Thank you, Michigan summer afternoon, you made my day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rebound

Day 359- Cousin Eddie