Day 142- Morris Animal Foundation and Sock Monkeys

I was on the Betty White bandwagon before it was the cool place to be.  I've loved her since "Golden Girls".  Heck, I've loved her since I used to watch old Mary Tyler Moore reruns.  She's magical.  When she hosted SNL last year, I had no choice.  I had to write about her.

Betty just so happens be on a bandwagon of her own.  She's a huge animal lover (c'mon, I'm not a stalker... this is a matter of public record).  One of her main charities of choice is the Morris Animal Foundation.

Founded in 1948, Morris Animal Foundation (MAF) improves the health and well-being of companion animals and wildlife by funding humane health studies and disseminating information about those studies. MAF has been at the forefront of funding health breakthroughs that have helped animals on all seven continents. Our funded research helps a wide variety of animals, including companion animals such as dogs, cats, horses, llamas/alpacas, as well as wildlife including mountain gorillas, elephants, rhinoceros, wolves, sea otters, and many varieties of birds, reptiles, amphibians and fish. More than 50 of the world's most respected research institutions, colleges of veterinary medicine, and zoos are conducting nearly 200 MAF-sponsored studies and veterinary student projects.


If it's good enough for Betty, it's most certainly good enough for me.

http://www.morrisanimalfoundation.org/

******

I love sock monkeys.  They make me happy inside.  I was looking at them all morning instead of doing something productive.  Do I need more of a reason than that for something to make my day?

Just look at this little guy.  Doesn't he make you feel happy about what's to come?

Thank you, sock monkeys, you made my day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rebound

Day 359- Cousin Eddie