Day 147- Puppies Behind Bars and Sub Compliment

Last year I wrote about the fabulous people at Country Lane (General's "camp") and their kind treatment of our little guy.  I asked Puppy where he'd like to donate to this year in honor of last year's post, and we decided on Puppies Behind Bars (Tom helped me all of this too).

Puppies Behind Bars trains inmates to raise puppies to become service dogs for the disabled and explosive detection canines for law enforcement.

"As our puppies mature into well-loved, well-behaved dogs, their raisers learn what it means to contribute to society rather than take from it."
http://www.puppiesbehindbars.com/


******

I received a really nice compliment today, and I know I'm going to carry it around for a long time.  My CWC teacher was out, so the sub was in my room for part of my CWC class.  I saw her again when she approached me at lunch.  She told me that she really enjoyed being in my classroom.  I was delighted at this remark, but that wasn't all.  She went on to tell me that she loved the song I incorporated, the activity we did, and everything else that she saw.  She also mentioned more than once that my classroom just seemed really warm and safe and nurturing. 

I cannot explain how much all of that meant to me.  That's exactly what I have tried to create in my room all year.  I know that my subject area (and maybe even my personality) are not everyone's cup of tea.  However, I want all kids to feel safe and welcome and liked when they enter my room.  To hear someone else say that I may be successful in that area was wonderful.  Absolutely, positively wonderful.

Thank you, sub compliment, you made my day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rebound

Day 359- Cousin Eddie