Day 149- Children's Museum of Houston and Lesson Plans

I was thankful for Texas last year.  That created a somewhat daunting task for today's donation.  The state of Texas is huge, and the pool of charities is even larger.  I hopped on over to charitynavigator.org (see "yesterday's" post) to see what I might do, and I found a goodie.

The Children's Museum of Houston caught my attention with their tagline "a playground for your mind".  I love museums, and I love playgrounds (the monkey bars kind and the mind kind). 

The Children's Museum of Houston is the highest-attended youth museum in the country for its size and is dedicated to its mission of transforming communities through innovative, child-centered learning. Housed in a whimsical building designed by internationally acclaimed architect Robert Venturi, the Children's Museum of Houston offers a multitude of exhibits bursting with action-packed fun that engage kids in the ultimate learning experience. The Museum was founded in 1980 by a group of Houston parents who hoped to elevate early childhood development to a community-wide priority. Since then, the Museum has grown to serve more than 750,000 people annually, focusing on bilingual (Spanish/English) learning programs for kids ages birth to 12 years and workshops in literacy, science, math, health, engineering, civic engagement, culture and social studies.


Doesn't that just sound like a fabulous place?  I'm happy to donate, and I hope to visit there one day.

http://www.cmhouston.org/

******

After catching up on the past number of days, I'm pooped.  I need to get to bed!  I'm going to keep this one short and sweet. 

I was inspired with some great lesson plan ideas today.  I had out a couple of different books and was reading multiple things at the same time.  I've been developing some of these lessons in my head for the past few weeks, and it all came together today.  I'm looking forward to trying everything out with my kids this week, and I just hope that they will buy into everything I'm putting out there. 

Thank you, lesson plans, you made my day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rebound

Day 359- Cousin Eddie