Day 153- Canine Partners for Life and Hometown Visits

Puppy and his dreams made my day last year.  That little guy sure cracks me up.

Here's where he chose to donate to today:

http://www.k94life.org/

Founded in 1989, Canine Partners For Life (CPL) is dedicated to training service dogs, home companion dogs, and residential companion dogs to assist individuals who have a wide range of physical and cognitive disabilities. CPL works to improve the quality of life of persons with physical disabilities. Each CPL dog receives a comprehensive and customized training program to meet the specific needs of their human partner. Depending on the assigned program, the dog will receive up to two years of training before being trained to work with its person. CPL has one of the strongest follow-up programs in the industry to ensure the success of each team throughout the lifetime of the partnership.





******

Yes, I still watch American Idol.  It happens.  I just can't help myself.

The hometown visits are one of my favorite parts of the show.  I usually fast forward through most of the results show to get to the good stuff at the end where someone gets kicked off.  However, I watched every second of the visits tonight.  There's just something so raw and honest about that moment when each contestant realizes the full scope and reach of the Idol experience.  I love to see them humbled, overwhelmed, and grateful. 

This bunch of hometown visits was especially poignant because of Lauren.  I picked her to win from her first audition, and I'm happy to see her in the finale.  Lauren was shown going back to a community that was recently devastated by storms, and it seemed even more real.  When she met the little boy who helped to save his family, I thought it was just the sweetest little thing.  It was also beautiful to hear the Martina version of "Anyway" accompanying the story, which was then followed by Lauren's pretty version of the same song. 

Loved it.

Thank you, hometown visits, you made my day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rebound

Day 359- Cousin Eddie